Contact the Vermont Department of Health

Find what you need? Check our Quick Links on the left, or search Contents A to Z.

Thank you for contacting us. We respond to all inquiries and information requests as soon as possible.

Contact Us

Ways to contact to us:

  1. Email the Program or Office directly (See list below)
  2. Use our Web Contact Form
  3. Formal Public Records Request
  4. Call: 802-863-7200 | In Vermont 800-464-4343 | Fax: 802-865-7754 | TTY/TDD: Dial 711 first

Contact a Program or Office

Select a program to contact by email. Our program staff will respond to you directly.

Board of Medical Practice
Physician licensing, Complaints, Profiles

Blue-green Algae (Cyanobacteria)
Inquiries and to report an algae bloom.

Emergency Medical Services (EMS)

Environmental Health
Topics include Mold, Asbestos, Lead (more).

Food & Lodging
Licensing, questions, complaints about food service facilities, bars hotels/motels, etc.

Health Insurance (links to Green Mountain Care)

Immunization Registry
Records questions only. Not for general immunization or vaccine issues.

Local Health Offices
Find the District Office that serves your community.

Medical Examiner
The office of the Chief Medical Examiner is responsible for death investigations. Autopsy reports can be release to next of kin. For death certificates, contact Vital Records.

Email or call 1-800-439-8550 for a test kit and more information.

Smoking / Tobacco or call 802-863-7330 
Quit smoking & other resources, Complaints and information about workplace or public smoking. For bar, restaurant or hotel/motel issues contact Food & Lodging

Town Health Officer
For local health ordinance matters and complaints, including for rental housing. Links to searchable contact information for your community's town health officers.

Vital Records
Birth, Death, Marriage, Civil Union records

Public Records Requests

The Health Department's Public Records Officer is Charon Goldwyn, Operations Chief.

For other questions, comments, or informal information and data requests, use our general contact form.

Return to Top